Saturday 8 November 2014

Entertain Me, Dammit!

Nursing a newborn has let me catch up on a whole lot of tv series that I've been meaning to watch for the past few years. In fact, this started when I was pregnant and various combinations of lazy/very sick/very tired/very very pregnant had me start to watch butt-loads of tv.

I mean, it's not that I didn't watch tv before, but I would watch an episode, then I would get bored and need to move on to something else.  Then pregnancy happened. And then nursing had me pinned to a chair for large chunks of my day.

And so, I give you my list of shows that in the past 1.25 years or so I have watched. For most of them, I mean the entire series. As the weeks go on in my blog, I might do some reviews on some of these. Ok, review might be a strong word. Share my thoughts. There will likely be spoilers.

Anyway, the list, in no particular order:

  • Modern Family
  • Community
  • The Mindy Project
  • Scandal
  • the Good Wife (ok, this is only the first 2 seasons or so. I expected to really like this show, but I only ever made it to luke-warm feelings for it)
  • The Newsroom
  • Downton Abbey
  • Project Runway Seasons 10-12
  • Project Runway Allstars
  • Under the Gunn
  • New Girl
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Bunheads (well, I tried. It was not very good, so I gave up)
  • The 100
  • Marvel: Agents of Shield
  • The Wire (just the first two seasons)
  • Bones (still working on it, though I'm powering through seriously fast)
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • The West Wing

This is also while Brett and I managed to (mostly) keep up on Game of Thrones, the Walking Dead and Parks and Recreation. 

Part of me feels proud to finally get jokes and references that people have been making. Part of me feels very very lazy at the size of this list. Screw it, I like stories. 

And besides, I think it will be a very long time until I have the opportunity to consume television in this manner ever again. I should be glad I caught up some. Now I can start falling behind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment